[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Fwd: TripleO mascot - how can I help your team?

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Feb 16 23:01:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017, Dan Prince wrote:

> And yes. We are all OpenStack developers in a sense. We want to align
> things in the technical arena. But I think you'll also find that most
> people more closely associate themselves to a team within OpenStack
> than they perhaps do with the larger project. Many of us in TripleO
> feel that way I think. This is a healthy thing, being part of a team.
> Don't make us feel bad because of it by suggesting that uber OpenStack
> graphics styling takes precedent.

I'd very much like to have a more clear picture of the number of
people who think of themselves primarily as "OpenStack developers"
or primarily as "$PROJECT developers".

I've always assumed that most people in the community™ thought of
themselves as the former but I'm realizing (in part because of what
Dan's said here) that's bias or solipsism on my part and I really
have no clue what the situation is.

Anyone have a clue?

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/