[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Triggering alarms on Swift notifications

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Thu Feb 16 13:25:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 03:04:52PM +0200, Denis Makogon wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>Could someone provide any guidelines for checking why alarm or ok-action
>webhooks are not being executed. Is it possible to investigate an issue by
>analyzing ceilometer and/or aodh logs?
>
>So, my devstack setup based on master branch with local.conf (see
>https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/4d88bdbea4bf428e55e88d25d52735f6)
>
>Once devstack installed i'm checking if notifications are being emitted
>while uploading files to Swift and i'm able to see events in Ceilometer
>(see https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/c6ad75899dcc50ce2a9b9f6a4e0612f7).
>
>After that i'm trying to setup Aodh event alarm (see
>https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/f6449e71ba9bb04cdd0065b52918b5af)
>
>And that's where i'm stuck, while working with Swift i see notifications
>are coming from ceilometermiddleware to Panko and available in Ceilometer
>via event-list but no alarm being triggered in Aodh.
>
>So, could someone explain me what am i doing wrong or am i missing
>something?

I think devstack plugins currently doesn't setup the Ceilometer stuffs to
be able to use events in Aodh.

Note that Aodh doesn't query Panko, but listen for event on alarm.all topic by
default. I'm guessing the Ceilometer conf/pipeline have to be tweaked to send
events to Aodh somehow.

Maybe this [1] have to be done manually.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/developer/aodh/event-alarm.html#configuration

Regards,

--
Mehdi Abaakouk