[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Fwd: TripleO mascot - how can I help your team?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 15 21:12:01 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-15 15:52:30 -0500 (-0500), Dan Prince wrote:
> The fact that the foundation is involved in "streamlining" team logos
> just kind of makes me a bit sad I guess. I mean, what value is this
> really adding to the OpenStack projects?
>
> Devs on many projects spend their own time on creating logos... that
> they like. I say let them be happy and have their own logos. No harm
> here I think. Move along and let us focus on the important things.
[...]

There's definitely nothing stopping various teams from using other
logos if they want. The OpenStack Foundation doesn't govern the
project, they merely want to have a consistent set of logos _they_
can use on their own site when providing aggregate information about
multiple teams and were hoping that they could gather enough
feedback to be able to put together something that those teams would
also be interested in reusing. It's in no way mandatory or exclusive
of other art you may already have and feel a connection with.
--
Jeremy Stanley