[openstack-dev] [all][requirements] Eventlet verion bump coming?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Feb 14 04:57:01 UTC 2017

Hi All,
    So there is a new version of eventlet out and we refused to bump it late in
the ocata cycle but now that we're early in the pike cycle I think we're okay
to do it.  The last time[1] we tried to bump eventlet it was pretty rocky and we
decided that we'd need a short term group of people focused on testing the new
bump rather than go through the slightly painful:

 1: Bump eventlet version
 2: Find and file bugs
 3: Revert
 4: Wait for next release
 goto 1

process.  So can we get a few people together to map this out?  I'd like to try it
shortly after the PTG?

From an implementation POV I'd like to bump the upper-constraint and let that
sit for a while before we touch global-requirements.txt

Youre Tony.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/thread.html#86745