[openstack-dev] Reminder to use recheck rather then rebase to trigger a gate re-run: was Re: [kolla] unblocking the gate

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sun Feb 12 15:59:01 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

I’d like to remind kolla contributors of this email exchange from Feb 29th, 2016 with the infra team.

I originally requested kolla contributors to rebase all of their patches to unblock the gate.  This was an incorrect request.  The infrastructure team quickly corrected my misunderstanding of how the gate worked.  Both Sam Yaple and I verified the infrastructure team was correct, and I’ve been having to get other people in the kolla team to verify it ever since since most folks think the gate jobs run against the patch they were last committed to.  Instead as Clark and Andreas point out, they run against master in every case.

Please re-read this thread for details on how this works.

Regards
-steve