[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [nova] Next minimum libvirt version

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:21:46 UTC 2017

On 2/11/2017 12:47 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> So it sounds like we're good to bump the minimum required libvirt to
> 1.2.9 in Pike which drops support for SLES 12, Ubuntu 14.04, RHEL 7.1
> and Oracle 7.
>
> We'll bump the minimum required QEMU in Pike to 2.1.0 which in addition
> to the above distro versions also drops support for Oracle 7.3. From my
> 30 seconds of googling I don't see any upcoming announcements for a
> newer version of Oracle Linux.

I've got a series started here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bump-min-libvirt+status:open

The only things left to remove are the various version checks for
NUMA/HugePages but that code gets a bit complicated, as do the unit
tests for it, so I'm going to leave that for later.

I also need to look into disabling support for the various distros this
drops in devstack [1] if you're using libvirt.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/e0a37cf21e43fbb4ba3f9f8fa5321a0a0e1bedf1/stack.sh#L195

Matt Riedemann