[openstack-dev] [ironic][qa][grenade] Release blocked on grenade job not testing from newton

Vasyl Saienko vsaienko at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 10 08:28:34 UTC 2017

The root cause why ironic grenade job was broken is described in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1663371
In two words, during Ocata we removed DEFAULT_IMAGE_NAME setting logic from
devstack [0]. As soon stable/ocata
was cut for devstack variable DEFAULT_IMAGE_NAME is not visible in grenade,
and default value in nova resources.sh
script was picked [1].

It was fixed by [2] by sourcing ironic vars (now we set DEFAULT_IMAGE_NAME
there) in grenade, to made it available for all
grenade scripts.

The problem described earlier (we do testing upgrade from master to master)
still exist.
It affects not only ironic, but all projects that do not have latest stable
branch (ie stable/ocata now). As soon they cut it all becomes
to normal. But we have a short period of time when all projects testing
upgrades from master to master.
Related bug [3].

[0]
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commit/d89b175321ac293454ad15caaee13c0ae46b0bd6