[openstack-dev] [release] Support phase clarification

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 10 00:24:17 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-09 18:09:39 -0600 (-0600), Sean McGinnis wrote:
[...]
> Thanks Jeremy. Something must be getting lost in translation with my question
> though. :)
>
> I am just going to assume that the support phases are in fact 6 months, so
> Newton will still be a fully active stable branch for a little while longer
> past the Ocata GA.

Oh, got it. You're asking about intermediate support phase
transitions rather than _just_ the EOL date. We should probably
start explicitly scheduling those too if we aren't already. My
understanding was that we weren't directly tying them to subsequent
major release timelines, but that's up to the stable branch team to
say for sure I suppose.
--
Jeremy Stanley