[openstack-dev] [All] IRC Mishaps

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Thu Feb 9 01:14:09 UTC 2017

On 09/02/17 06:36, Kendall Nelson wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> So I am sure we've all seen it: people writing terminal commands into our project channels, misusing '/' commands, etc. But have any of you actually done it?
>
> If any of you cores, ptls or other upstanding members of our wonderful community have had one of these embarrassing experiences please reply! I am writing an article for the SuperUser trying to make us all seem a little more human to people new to the community and new to using IRC. It can be scary asking questions to such a large group of smart people and its even more off putting when we make mistakes in front of them.
>
> So please share your stories!

What about the one where you're conducting a private conversation in one window, and watching a group chat in another one, and then drop some deeply personal (or embarrassing!) content in the group chat instead the PM ;)

Lana Brindley
Technical Writer
Rackspace Cloud Builders Australia
http://lanabrindley.com