[openstack-dev] [release][all] started branching tools and requirements

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Feb 8 23:13:54 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2017-02-08 08:29:45 -0500:
> We have started the process of branching devstack, grenade, and the
> requirements repo. This may introduce some instability into the gate
> until we are finished. Please join #openstack-release if you would like
> to follow along.
>
> Doug

We hit a few speed bumps today, but things are moving again. We all
owe a big thanks to Sean Dague, Steve Martinelli, Dean Troyer, Matt
Riedeman, and Dan Smith for their help debugging and fixing issues
with Keystone, python-openstackclient, and grenade over the course
of the day.

The next step in the process is to wait for
https://review.openstack.org/429753 to land in openstack/requirements.
After that we can branch the requirements repository. Given the
current check and gate job delays, I expect that to happen over the
next several hours. It's the end of my day, so I'll be checking in
tomorrow morning before creating the branch.

Doug