[openstack-dev] [requirements] [Horizon] Requesting FFE for xstatic packages

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:39:41 UTC 2017

Hi requirements team,

We've had a downstream packager come to us with issues packaging the
Horizon RC as described in this bug report:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1662180

The issues stems from the requirements file having several xstatic
package minimum versions specified that are no longer compatible with
Horizon, and the RDO build system honors those minimum version
specifications, and boom!

Rob Cresswell has proposed a patch to bump those minimum versions up
to the versions specified in upper-constraints.txt:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/429753

Additionally to the above I will be proposing a patch to Horizon's
documented processes to ensure that when an xstatic upper-constraints
version is bumped we also bump the minimum version in
global-requirements to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

Thank-you for your consideration,

    Richard