[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.db] MySQL Cluster support

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Feb 6 19:38:30 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Roman Podoliaka's message of 2017-02-03 17:16:36 +0200:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Mike Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Not sure if people on the list are seeing that we are simultaneously talking
> > about getting rid of Postgresql in the efforts to support only "one
> > database", while at the same time adding one that is in many ways a new
> > database.
>
> ++
>
> and, FWIW, moving columns between tables and changing of column types
> in order to make NDB storage engine happy both seem to be a way more
> intrusive than what we've had to do so far in the code of OpenStack
> projects in order to support PostgreSQL.

I'd just like to add that MySQL Cluster is not "just another database".
Please read up on it if you have not. The scale-out capabilities are
likely worth some churn (vs. PostgreSQL which is mostly functionally
equivalent to InnoDB backed MySQL, and is more of an operational
preference).