[openstack-dev] [tripleo] TripleO Ocata release blockers

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 14:19:28 UTC 2017

I found useful to share the reasons why we didn't release TripleO RC1
last week and what are the remaining blockers.

- Nova from trunk doesn't work for TripleO. We have to pin Nova to
ocata-3 if we want to continue the promotions in our CI.

Some work is in progress to solve this problem, you can follow it here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1661360

TL;DR: we're disabling Nova API in WSGI with Apache when deploying
TripleO & Puppet OpenStack CI.

- Fix updating images in promotion pipeline:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/429713

- Upgrades from Newton to Ocata. The list of bugs / work in progress
is still consequent, it doesn't make sense to release before we have
them fixed. Composable upgrades are our essential blueprint for Ocata.

I proposed https://review.openstack.org/#/c/428416/ to prepare TripleO
RC1 but I won't update it before our blockers are solved.

Any help, feedback or question is very welcome.
Emilien Macchi