[openstack-dev] [qa] PTL Candidacy for Pike

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Mon Feb 6 11:11:30 UTC 2017

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for your candidacy. Let me ask one question if it's not too
late. What's the role of the QA team when it comes to API change ? I
have in mind the recent Glance change related to private vs shared
image status.

Someone in our community asked :
* "I need to get an official decision from the QA team on whether
[such a] patch is acceptable or not"
* "what's needed is an "official" response from the QA team concerning
the acceptability of the patch"

But we didn't provide such an answer. There could be a feeling that
the QA team is acting as a self-appointed activist judiciary.

Now we have another occurrence of a disagreement between the QA team
and a project team: https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1656183,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/420038/,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425487/

I have myself no strong opinion on the matter, that why I need a leader here :)

Note, there *is* a question in this email :D

Jordan

<http://go.scality.com/acton/media/18585/gartner-magic-quadrant-object-storage?utm_campaign=MQ&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=signatures>