[openstack-dev] Developer's deepdive of SRIOV Passthrough for Neutron

pranab boruah pranabjyotiboruah at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:39:08 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,
We are trying to understand what happens when we launch an instance on
a compute running SRIOV agent. By "what happens" I mean,
1) how  the request  from the Neutron-server ends up on the targeted
Compute node that runs the SRIOV agent?
2) What all steps does the sriov agent in the compute node undertakes?
3) how an instance(vf-direct-attach) is launched ?
4) Does it work along with OVS ?
Can anyone point to some developer deep-dive guide that answers those
questions? Please help.
Pranab