[openstack-dev] [cinder]Using DEFAULT section to configure drivers is not supported since Ocata

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 10:08:31 UTC 2017

On 02/02, Gyorgy Szombathelyi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Because of the deprecated driver configuration in the DEFAULT section doesn't work anymore in Ocata, I would like to ask if any migration tool exists for using the previously created volumes?
>
> E.g. if the existing volumes have the attribute os-vol-host-attr:host like hostname#RBD, cinder operations won't work until one doesn't do a database update to the format like hostname#ceph#ceph (if the new backend section name is ceph).
> It is not that hard to do a UPDATE SQL on the database, but I think it is not a good thing to force users to do it. Maybe a migration script, or a fallback code in cinder-volume would be appreciated.
> Thinking about the migration script, maybe it should update the old style host attribute to the first defined backend. Or am I just oversighting something obvious?
>
> Br,
> György

Hi György,

There is a manage command that allows you to change the host without
using SQL:

 cinder-manage volume update_host --currenthost CURRENTHOST --newhost NEWHOST

If you are using consistency groups you'll also have to change those:

 cinder-manage cg update_cg_host --currenthost CURRENTHOST --newhost NEWHOST

I hope these help.

Cheers,
Gorka.