[openstack-dev] [cinder]Using DEFAULT section to configure drivers is not supported since Ocata

Gyorgy Szombathelyi gyorgy.szombathelyi at doclerholding.com
Thu Feb 2 12:15:54 UTC 2017

Hi!

Because of the deprecated driver configuration in the DEFAULT section doesn't work anymore in Ocata, I would like to ask if any migration tool exists for using the previously created volumes?

E.g. if the existing volumes have the attribute os-vol-host-attr:host like hostname#RBD, cinder operations won't work until one doesn't do a database update to the format like hostname#ceph#ceph (if the new backend section name is ceph).
It is not that hard to do a UPDATE SQL on the database, but I think it is not a good thing to force users to do it. Maybe a migration script, or a fallback code in cinder-volume would be appreciated.
Thinking about the migration script, maybe it should update the old style host attribute to the first defined backend. Or am I just oversighting something obvious?

Br,
György