[openstack-dev] [neutron] [release] misleading release notes

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 02:13:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

There is something puzzling about release notes. I don't see 8.0.0 [1], and
it looks like features released in Mitaka are being advertised as Newton
features [2]. For instance, [3] 'Agent availability zones' shows as a
Newton feature when I am pretty positive that it went in Mitaka [4].

I suspect what happens is that someone revises the content at a later date
and reno associated the last timestamp of the release note with release
where the change has been made?

I don't see other projects' release notes broken this way so we must be
doing something wrong. It would be good to have guidance from the release
team.

Thanks,
Armando

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron/mitaka.html