[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer][postgresql][gate][telemetry] PostgreSQL gate failure (again)

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Feb 1 17:24:39 UTC 2017

On 01/02/17 12:15 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> What were you thinking about the messaging? TC resolution for
> deprecation of postgresql as a first class backend?
>
> If setup tools want to support things, that's fine, just they do need to
> realize they are owning that support its not coming from upstream.

possibly start there if we want to proceed with this or maybe it's not a
concern.

tbh, i'd favour something inline with what mriedem proposed as it seems
to be the easier path but this is based solely on supporting both
backends in telemetry projects so maybe it's more difficult for other
projects and they have backend-specific performance tweaks. i'm working
under impression there is more to this than just 'drop all postgresql
gates'.

cheers,
--
gord