[openstack-dev] [neutron][neutron-lib]Service function defintion files

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 14:58:40 UTC 2017

On 27 December 2017 at 18:56, Ian Wells <ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Can someone explain how the API definition files for several service
> plugins ended up in neutron-lib?  I can see that they've been moved there
> from the plugins themselves (e.g. networking-bgpvpn has
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lib/commit/
> 3d3ab8009cf435d946e206849e85d4bc9d149474#diff-
> 11482323575c6bd25b742c3b6ba2bf17) and that there's a stadium element to
> it judging by some earlier commits on the same directory, but I don't
> understand the reasoning why such service plugins wouldn't be
> self-contained - perhaps someone knows the history?

This was done as part of the stadium effort [1,2]. The rationale being that
changes and/or new proposals for API definitions would be located in
neutron-lib (same for client extensions but in neutronclient) so that they
would be overseen by the neutron-drivers team to provide a level of
consistency across projects included in the stadium.

HTH
Armando

[1]
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/newton/neutron-stadium.html