[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Multi-tenant network with multiple port

Hieu LE hieulq19 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:10:50 UTC 2017

Hello Ironic guys,

In my lab environment, I have finished setting up the multi-tenant network
environment for Ironic using networking-generic-switch (Cisco IOS device).
The official Ironic doc only talked about one BM node with one port for
provisioning and tenant network.

My process here: I have created 2 ports, 01 port with pxe_enabled for
provisioning network and remaining port with pxe disabled; then using nova
boot with --nic option, hoping it can get network information via Neutron.
But it failed.

So my question here is:
1. Is this possible for enroll a node, then start provisioning it via one
port and then configuring tenant network via another port?
2. Is my process correct, if not, could you provide some guides for the
right way?

Thanks,
Hieu.