[openstack-dev] [requirements] adding uwsgi to global-requirements

Sam Yaple sam at yaple.net
Tue Dec 19 22:46:34 UTC 2017

Hello,

I wanted to bring up the idea of getting uwsgi into the requirements repo. I seem to recall this being discussed a couple of years back, but for the life of me I cannot find the thread, so forgive me if I am digging up ancient history.

I would like to see uwsgi in global-requirements.txt and upper-constraints.txt .

Since the recent goal of running all api's behind WSGI has been mostly accomplished, I have seen a migration toward wsgi based deploys. Some of which use uwsgi+nginx/apache.

Glance recommends uwsgi [0] as "the current recommended way to deploy" if the docs are to be believed.

The LOCI project has been including uwsgi (and recommending people use it) since its inception.

These facts, in my opinion, make a pretty strong case for uwsgi being an indirect dependancy and worthy of inclusion and tracking in the requirements repo.

My question for the community, are there strong feelings against including uwsgi? If so, why?

Thanks,
SamYaple

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/glance/pike/admin/apache-httpd.html#uwsgi