[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-ovn] Stable branch maintainers for networking-ovn

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 16:47:24 UTC 2017

On 19 December 2017 at 08:21, Lucas Alvares Gomes <lucasagomes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just sending this email to try to understand the model for stable branch
> maintenance in networking-ovn (potentially other neutron drivers too).
>
> Right now, only members of the ``neutron-stable-maint`` gerrit group are
> able to approve patches for the stable branches; this can cause some delays
> when fixing things (e.g [0]) because we don't have any member in that group
> that is also a ``networking-ovn-core`` member. So, sometimes we have to go
> around and ping people to take a look at the patches and it kinda sucks.

We had a Gerrit dashboard that helped stable reviewers stay on top of
things [1], but it looks like it doesn't seem to work anymore. My
suggestion would be to look into that as the lack of visibility might be
the source of the recent delay.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/contributor/dashboards/index.html#gerrit-dashboards

> Is there any reason why things are set up in that way ?
>
> I was wondering if it would make sense to create a new group to help
> maintaining the stable branches in networking-ovn. The new group could
> include some of the core members willing to do the work +
> ``neutron-stable-maint`` as a subgroup. Is that reasonable, what you think
> about it?

Rather than create yet another group(s), it makes sense to have an
individual from each neutron project participate in the
neutron-stable-maint team (whose admin rights I think are held by Ihar as
neutron member), for those of whom have actually an interest in reviewing
stable patches :)

HTH
Armando