[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Removal of tempest plugin code from openstack/ironic & openstack/ironic-inspector

John Villalovos openstack.org at sodarock.com
Mon Dec 18 16:58:31 UTC 2017

To hopefully make things more clear.

All of the ironic related projects that were using the tempest-plugin code
from either openstack/ironic or openstack/ironic-inspector have been
migrated to use the tempest-plugin code in openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin.
This includes master and stable branches. Previously all branches (master
and stable) were pulling from the master branch of openstack/ironic and/or
openstack/ironic-inspector to get the tempest-plugin code. Now they all
pull from the master branch of openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin. Note:
openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin will NOT have any stable branches, only
master.

We will be removing all the tempest-plugin code from the master branch of
openstack/ironic and openstack/ironic-inspector on Tuesday 19-Dec-2017. We
will NOT be removing the tempest-plugin code from any stable branches. We
(Ironic) didn't/don't use that code but since downstream consumers may we
will leave it in place.

Any 3rd Party CI that are testing using the tempest-plugin code pulled from
master will need to update their CI to now use
openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin

Again we will be removing all the tempest-plugin code from the master
branch of openstack/ironic and openstack/ironic-inspector on Tuesday
19-Dec-2017. If your CI depends on that code, please update to use the new
openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin repository.

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 8:33 AM, John Villalovos <openstack.org at sodarock.com