[openstack-dev] [ironic] reminder about deadlines

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Fri Dec 15 14:15:34 UTC 2017

Hi all!

Half of the Queens cycle is behind us. I'd like to remind about a few deadlines
and how they affect us:

1. Jan 18th is the non-client library release deadline. It affects ironic-lib
and sushy. The latter has a few outstanding changes - please try to find some
time to get them a bit of attention. We have one months left, minus holidays.

2. Jan 25th is the client release deadline. If you work on new API, it has to
land before that point with its client change to end up in ironicclient Queens.

3. Jan 25th is also the feature freeze. We haven't had a formal feature freeze
for a few cycles. But after troubles with releasing Pike we decided to get back
to it.

Feature freeze exceptions *may* be given to priority work, low-impact vendor
changes and low-impact work substantially improving operator's and/or user's
experience. Feature freeze exceptions are unlikely to be granted to major API
additions or breaking changes.

If you think your work may be affected by the feature freeze, please start
planning accordingly.

Thank you and happy winter holidays,
Dmitry