[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Removing old baremetal commands from python-tripleoclient

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Dec 15 03:49:33 UTC 2017

Hi All,
    In review I01837a9daf6f119292b5a2ffc361506925423f11 I updated
ValidateInstackEnv to handle the case when then instackenv.json file
needs to represent a node that deosn't require a pm_user for IMPI to
work.

It turns out that I foudn that code path with grep rather than the
result of a deploy step failing.  That's becuase it's only used for a
command that isn't used anymore, and the validation logic has been moved
to a mistral action.

That lead me to look at which of the commands in that file aren't needed
anymore.  If my analysis is correct we have the collowing commands:

openstack baremetal instackenv validate:
    tripleoclient.v1.baremetal:ValidateInstackEnv
    NOT Deprecated
openstack baremetal import:
    tripleoclient.v1.baremetal:ImportBaremetal
    DEPRECATED in b272a5c6 2017-01-03
    New command: openstack overcloud node import
openstack baremetal introspection bulk start:
    tripleoclient.v1.baremetal:StartBaremetalIntrospectionBulk
    DEPRECATED in b272a5c6 2017-01-03
    New command: openstack overcloud node introspect
openstack baremetal introspection bulk status:
    tripleoclient.v1.baremetal:StatusBaremetalIntrospectionBulk
    NOT Deprecated
openstack baremetal configure ready state:
    tripleoclient.v1.baremetal:ConfigureReadyState
    NOT Deprecated
openstack baremetal configure boot:
    tripleoclient.v1.baremetal:ConfigureBaremetalBoot
    DEPRECATED in b272a5c6 2017-01-03
    New command: openstack overcloud node configure

So my questions are basically:
1) Can we remove the deprecated code?
2) Does leaving the not deprecated commands make sesne?
3) Should we deprecate the remaining commands?
3) Do I need to update ValidateInstackEnv or is it okay for it to be
   busted for my use case?

Yours Tony.