[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] about add transformer into libvirt

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Dec 14 14:34:01 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-14 04:14 AM, Jaze Lee wrote:
>> The plan is to actually make the TSDB (Gnocchi) do that job for us.
> What ?
> Is there some detail on this plan ?  If it did, then we do not need
> workload partition, and scale with agent process happily....

Gnocchi can capture rate information and can also have mathematical
operations applied to it. there are some examples here:
https://gnocchi.xyz/rest.html#examples. i imagine we'll change the gate
workflow to that eventually.

you will still need partitioning for HA of central agents... and
currently, the only way to get batch support is with workload_partitioning.

but yes, moving the transformation to storage will provide the most
durable solution for transformations.

cheers,

--
gord