[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Dec 14 11:15:52 UTC 2017

I think this is in-line with my earlier points. Projects started later,
with clear API definitions, are easier to run on whatever version you
need. They don't dig in under the hood the way Neutron/Nova/Cinder do
because of their shared history.

It also helps that they don't require a bunch of patches out-of-tree to
scale. Luckily, I'm told neither does Nova anymore, so maybe this will
get more natural.. well.. naturally.

Excerpts from Blair Bethwaite's message of 2017-12-14 18:39:33 +1100: