[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder]VolumeNotCreated: Volume did notfinish being created even after we waited 12 seconds or 5 attempts. And itsstatus is error.

李杰 lijie at unitedstack.com
Mon Dec 11 23:53:11 UTC 2017

Thank you ,I solved it.Because I pass a wrong parameters,lead to the problem,Thank you again!

From:  "Matt Riedemann"<mriedemos at gmail.com>;
Date:  Mon, Dec 11, 2017 11:54 PM
To:  "openstack-dev"<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>;

Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [nova][cinder]VolumeNotCreated: Volume did notfinish being created even after we waited 12 seconds or 5 attempts. And itsstatus is error.

On 12/11/2017 12:37 AM, 李杰 wrote:
>   Hi,all:
>          Now I boot a volume-backed instance,and set"
> block_device_allocate_retries=120 " ,but the result is still is volume
> did not finish being created.Can you give me some advice?Help in
> troubleshooting this issue will be appreciated.

Have you traced where the time is being spent? Is it in creating the
volume on the Cinder side? Does the volume eventually get created or
does it fail to create?

Do you have the image cache enabled on the cinder-volume host?

Matt