[openstack-dev] [heat][qa] Split tempest plugin from heat

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 21:05:10 UTC 2017

OK, an update on this. The current plan of record after the team meeting
today goes something like this:

1) Identify tests that are moving to the new plugin repo, and remove
them from the heat repo.
2) Start using the utils (base classes &c.) from the plugin repo in the
remaining heat tests.
3) Find a way to run both the plugin tests and the in-repo tests as part
of the same test run in the gate.
4) Remove the tests that are _not_ moving from the plugin repo.

There's been some interesting related discussion on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/521602/ that I'd encourage everyone to
read. I like the idea of a configurable plugin system that's independent
of Tempest to solve (3), but we'll see what comes out of that
discussion. If that doesn't pan out then we can probably still do it the
old-fashioned way.

I made a first pass at categorising the tests based on the categories I
identified in that discussion here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/heat-integration-test-categories

If other Heat folks could take a look and comment on/move stuff they
think is wrong, that would be helpful. In particular, I'm pretty
uncertain whether most of the things I listed under Interop Tests are
actually good candidates for interop testing, or if they should just be
regression tests.

thanks,
Zane.