[openstack-dev] [vitrage] Feedback on ability to 'suppress' alarms by type and/or resource in Vitrage

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Mon Dec 4 15:23:09 UTC 2017

I am thinking that alarm suppression would be per-tenant.

Yeah i am liking the second suggestion, as well, wrt specification of suppressed alarms to be based on { vitrage_type & ‘regexp’ }.

Only other reason for introducing vitrage_alarm_type property is perhaps a ‘usability’ type reason
i.e. it provides perhaps an easier / quicker indication of the general type of alarm (e.g. port-failure, host-failure, ntp-server-down, remote-log-server-down, ...) when scanning an alarm list, rather than having to read the sometimes verbose ‘name’ (description) field of the alarm.
But i realize it would be difficult to enforce / manage the usage of this field.
This is a lower priority item for me.

Greg.