[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] resource providers update 43

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Mon Dec 4 10:54:19 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 12/1/2017 10:42 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> >
> > December? Wherever does the time go? This is resource providers and
> > placement update 43. The first one of these was more than a year ago
> >

> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-November/107171.html
> >

> > I like to think they've been pretty useful. I know they've helped me
> > keep track of stuff, and have a bit of focus. I'll carry on doing
> them
> > but I'm starting to worry that they are getting too big, both to
> read
> > and to create, and that this means something, not sure what, for the
> > volume of work we're trying to accomplish. There's so much work
> going
> > on all the time related to placement, writing it down in one place
> is
> > rather challenging, so surely creating and reviewing it all is also
> > challenging? And that's not taking into consideration the vast
> volume
> > of all the other stuff within the nova umbrella. Not sure what to do
> > about it, but something to start thinking about.
> >

> Thanks for continuing to do these. I don't read every one, but when I
> do, like tonight (read the whole damn thing), I end up clicking on a
> lot
> of the review links and going through a lot of them which moves the
> ball
> forward on some simple but important patches.

I really like these placement summary mails. It gives me a weekly
reminder to look at patches in series I'm not actively following. Also
even if it is long it is in priority order. So If somebody starts at
the top and do some review but never reach the end of the mail (like me
most of the time); the mail still helps moving the important things
forward.

Thank you Chris for the effort!

Cheers,
gibi