[openstack-dev] [nova] Super fun unshelve image_ref bugs

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:36:55 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew Laski also mentioned in IRC that we didn't replace the original
> instance.image_ref with the shelved image id because the shelve operation
> should be transparent to the end user, they have the same image (not
> really), same volumes, same IPs, etc once they unshelve. And he mentioned
> that if you rebuild, for example, you'd then rebuild to the original image
> instead of the shelved snapshot image.

I was wondering about exactly this.  As a cloud user I would expect
rebuild without explicitly specifying an image to give me the same
thing it did on the initial build.  I suppose it would depend if
shelve/unshelve is supposed to me transparent like Andrew mentioned.
I would assume it would be without reading differently.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com