[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Gate is broken - Do not approve any patch until further notice

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 13:28:27 UTC 2017

On 30.8.2017 06:54, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>> We are currently dealing with 4 issues and until they are fix, please
>> do not approve any patch. We want to keep the gate clear to merge the
>> fixes for the 4 problems first.
>>
>> 1) devstack-gate broke us because we use it as a library (bad)
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1713868
>>
>> 2) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/474578/ broke us and we're
>> reverting it https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1713832
>>
>> 3) We shouldn't build images on multinode jobs
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1713167
>>
>> 4) We should use pip instead of git for delorean
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1708832
>>

>> Until further notice from Alex or myself, please do not approve any patch.
>
> The 4 problems have been mitigated.
> You can now proceed to normal review.
>
> Please do not recheck a patch without an elastic-recheck comment, we
> need to track all issues related to CI from now.
> Paul Belanger has been doing extremely useful work to help us, now
> let's use elastic-recheck more and stop blind rechecks.
> All known issues are in http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/
> If one is missing, you're welcome to contribute by sending a patch to
> elastic-recheck. Example with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/498954/

Posted DLRN build failure query [1]. I used the Kibana interface [2] to
test-drive the query.

I wanted to tackle other bugs but it seems we don't have enough info in
console.html. I wonder if it's realistic to start pulling some logs
maybe from undercloud/home/jenkins dir into logstash? That's where OOOQ
puts the most of its more detailed output, so having that might allow us
to produce more specific queries.

Thanks,

Jirka

[1] https://review.openstack.org/499532