[openstack-dev] [docs] adopting whereto as official tool maintained by docs team

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 31 12:46:35 UTC 2017

As part of the work for the doc-migration project this cycle, we have
expanded the way we use redirects to allow project teams to have
htaccess files in tree. Since redirects can be tricky to test without a
live server, I put together a tool that we can use in CI to do some
minimal validation. It takes as input an htaccess file and another file
of test values, and reports if any test path does not redirect in the
expected way or if any redirect rule is untested. I'm sure we can
improve on it from there.

The tool is already being used to test the htaccess file in
openstack-manuals. We need to add it to the requirements list before
we can use it in other builds that follow the requirements management
processes[1].

I would also like the docs team to take up maintenance of the tool so
I'm not doing it on my own [2]. If anyone has any concerns about doing
that, please let me know.

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/499584
[2] https://review.openstack.org/499581