[openstack-dev] [nova] Can we remove the monkey_patch_modules config option?

Lokesh Jain lokesh.jain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:16:07 UTC 2017

Hi Matt,

Thank you for pointing this out and bringing this to my attention.

We are using the monkey_patch options to add more nova capabilities.
Specifically we are using it to replace Nova’s

nova/network/neutronv2/api.get_port_vnic_info

function for extending the vnic type + phys network lookup for given
neutron port id logic in case of multi-segments + multi phys network
SRIOV deployments.

We are using this functionality since Mitaka. I am assuming that the
removal of nova parameters is proposed for Pike and onwards. Or is the
plan to backport it to previous releases as well? In that case will
need to figure out the plan for it.

Please let me know if further information or clarification is required.

Thanks and Regards,
Lokesh Jain