[openstack-dev] [docs] [ptls] Install guide testing

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Aug 28 17:12:14 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-28 18:50, Michał Jastrzębski  wrote:
> One thing I'd be worried about is that not only maintaining this doc
> will be very costly (we're now only talking of few services out of big
> tent..), will cover just basic architectures, but also if someone
> actually uses it, it will make things like upgrade quite hard.
>
> If it's only meant to be PoC installation guide, we should clearly say
> so, if we mean it to be prod-ready, we need things like HA
> configuration, database clustering, network architecture and so on..

It is intented as POC, see
https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/overview.html
"This guide covers step-by-step deployment of the major OpenStack
services using a functional example architecture suitable for new users
of OpenStack with sufficient Linux experience. This guide is not
intended to be used for production system installations, but to create a
minimum proof-of-concept for the purpose of learning about OpenStack."

If you think, it could be made much more visible in some more places,
please send patches,

for HA there's a separate guide,
Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)