[openstack-dev] [Monasca] GridDB repository support

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Aug 28 15:40:22 UTC 2017

On 28/08/17 10:32 AM, witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com wrote:
> The number looks good but the test you have referenced was performed with the file storage driver which is not really scalable. It would be great if you could provide numbers for the Ceph backend.
> Please keep us updated.

these are numbers i got using a ceph backend with gnocchi v3[1]. i
should mention that v3 wasn't targeting write performance improvements
(not directly). for reference, i think my ceph cluster had 30 OSDs.

the actual write throughput will depend on the driver you select (redis
probably fastest, ceph a close second) and as jd mentioned, the batch sizes.

[1] https://www.slideshare.net/GordonChung/gnocchi-v3/18

--
gord