[openstack-dev] [all] Python 3.6 testing is available on Fedora 26 nodes

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 04:29:39 UTC 2017

Hello,

In a recent discussion [1] I mentioned we could, in theory, use Fedora
26 for Python 3.6 testing (3.6.2, to be exact).  After a few offline
queries we have put theory into practice, sorted out remaining issues
and things are working.

For unit testing (tox), you can use the
'gate-{name}-python36-{node}-nv' job template with fedora-26 nodes.
For an example, see [2] (which, I'm happy to report, found a real
issue [3] :).  You may need to modify your bindep.txt files to install
correct build pacakges for RPM platforms; in terms of general
portability this is probably not a bad thing anyway.

I have an up/down devstack test working with a minor change [4].  I
will work on getting this more stable and more complete, but if this
is of interest, reach out.  In general, I track the centos & fedora
jobs fairly closely at [5] to try and keep up with any systemic
issues.

Although it is not exactly trivial, there is fairly complete
instructions within [6] to help build a Fedora image that looks like
the infra ones for testing purposes.  You can also reach out and we
can do things like place failed nodes on hold if there are hard to
debug issues.

Thanks,

-i

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-August/120888.html