[openstack-dev] [tripleo] add mistral to the auto-update package list for TripleO CI

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Aug 24 21:04:44 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I'd like to propose that the mistral project be added to the list of
projects where in CI the very latest built packages are added to each CI
run [1].

This will help get patches that depend on mistral patches to more quickly
be tested and merged.  For example Honza's patch [2] depends on a merged
mistral change.  The mistral change has not yet landed in a tripleo build
and mistral is not on the auto-update list, so the patch fails.

Please respond if you would like to see mistral added or have any comments
or concerns.

Note that we are able to consider mistral for auto-updates because the
mistral project has a voting tripleo job [3] and the tripleo project can be
assured that the latest mistral patches will not break tripleo-ci.

I would encourage other projects to consider adding tripleo jobs to their
project to enable auto-updates as well [4] <my_shameless_plug>

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/blob/master/config/release/tripleo-ci/master.yml#L54-L70
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469608/
[3]