[openstack-dev] [nova] Less than 24 hours to Pike RC2

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 03:34:53 UTC 2017

This is just a reminder that we're in the final stretch for Pike RC2
which happens tomorrow.

There are a couple of fixes in flight yet for RC2 at the top of the
etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-pike-release-candidate-todo

And another bug that Alex pointed out tonight not yet reported in
launchpad, but we don't cleanup allocations from the current node before
doing a reschedule. If you have Ocata computes or are doing
super-conductor mode tiered conductors for cells v2 then it's not an
issue, but any installs that are doing single conductor relying on
reschedules will have this issue, which I'd consider something we should
fix for RC2 as it means we'll be reporting usage against compute nodes
in Placement which isn't really there, thus potentially taking them out
of scheduling decisions.

If you find anything else in the next few hours, please report a bug and
tag it with pike-rc-potential.

Matt