[openstack-dev] [glance] docs: architecture or hw_architecture

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Aug 23 19:12:11 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Dean Troyer's message of 2017-08-23 13:48:07 -0500:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Brian Rosmaita
> <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My point is just that Glance went one way on this, Nova went a
> > different way, and users are left hanging.  My secondary point is that
> > it might be useful to catalog these things in the metadata definitions
> > service so that we all stay on the same page better.
>
> This is a great example of why attributes that are actually used
> elsewhere should be defined in the API rather than just picked out of
> a collection of metadata/properties.

Note that there was at least an effort at one time to create a
definitive place to share tags across OpenStack projects and across
clouds:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Graffiti

I don't know where this is at these days, but I would agree that I'd
rather see any guarantees a service provides documented and expressed in
its API. When one project's objects are referenced in anothers' API,
that's a good place for those two projects to work very closely
together. It looks like that didn't quite happen here. A quick doc fix
should resolve the matter, or is the use of 'architecture' now in other
places?