[openstack-dev] [ironic][docs] I see, you see, we all see red*

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Wed Aug 23 16:30:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was brought up to think that red was one of those colours that people had different (and sometimes really negative) associations with. When I look at our latest and greatest! ironic documentation (e.g. [1]), I see red. Not only do I see red, but the term has a different background colour and is bordered (or whatever it is called). Are we using the wrong .rst syntax, should we be highlighting terms differently? And/or is there some way to change the appearance of highlighted terms? I much prefer something simple, like bold black text in some uniform font. On the other hand, perhaps lots of others like this and I'm in the minority.

I can handle the Warnings that are in red though. (I'm not sure it is necesary, given that it is all in a BOX with a WARNING SYMBOL.)

I hesitated about sending this due to the wonderful bike shedding that could happen, don't disappoint me, cuz I'm sure we all have opinions about colour. :)

Also, this email thread isn't about discussing the green and orange colours used for the code blocks; feel free to start your own thread about that if you want!

Thanks for listening,
--ruby

*unless you're colour blind

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/install/enabling-drivers.html