[openstack-dev] [openstack][oslo][all] Clean up oslo deprecated stuff !

Ken Giusti kgiusti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:32:47 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:24 AM, ChangBo Guo <glongwave at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> We discussed a little about how to avoid breaking consuming projects' gate
> in oslo weekly meeting last week.  The easy improvement is that clean up
> deprecated stuff in oslo at the beginning of Queens.  I collected
> deprecated stuff  in [1].  This need Oslo team and other team work
> toghether. I think we can start the work when cycle Queens is open. I
> also reserved a room in PTG
> for 2 hours to do hacking.[2]
>

> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/oslo-queens-tasks
> [2] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/Queens-PTG-Discussion-Rooms
>
> --
> ChangBo Guo(gcb)

I've gone through oslo.messaging and have updated the etherpad [1] with a
few more entries.  I've opened launchpad bugs where appropriate, adding the
oslo-debt-cleanup tag to each for good measure.

The original list included a few items that as best I can tell were not
tagged as deprecated via debtcollector until Pike. IIUC we can't remove
those in Queens, correct?

--
Ken Giusti  (kgiusti at gmail.com)