[openstack-dev] [glance] docs: architecture or hw_architecture

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 23 09:45:46 UTC 2017

On 22.08.2017 17:10, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is an issue in the docs which describe the
> possible image metadata properties:
> https://docs.openstack.org/python-glanceclient/latest/cli/property-keys.html#
>
> This document says to use `architecture` (e.g. x86_64 or s390x or ppc64)
> but the Nova scheduler image properties filter uses `hw_architecture`
> (note the *hw_* prefix):
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/4a7502a5c9e84a8c8cef7f355d72425b26b8c379/nova/scheduler/filters/image_props_filter.py#L44
>
> Is that simply a mistake in the Glance docs or do I miss some kind of
> conversion between those metadata keys?

Looks like only `hw_architecture` works in my x86 + s390x environment.
I'm going to push an update to the Glance docs + an update to the
`os_image` Ansible module which uses `cpu_arch` in its documentation:
http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/os_image_module.html

--
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)