[openstack-dev] [Networking-OVN] Unable to run OVN functional tests

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 08:56:18 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Trinath Somanchi <trinath.somanchi at nxp.com
> wrote:

> I’m not running functional tests as root.
>

> Also, from [1] , The following errors fails most for the cases.
>

> Captured pythonlogging:
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>        ERROR [neutron.agent.linux.utils] Exit code: 1; Stdin: ; Stdout: ;
> Stderr: 2017-08-19T19:16:26Z|00001|unixctl|WARN|failed to connect to
> /tmp/tmpNpVzUM/tmpxaCA5
>
>     ovs-appctl: cannot connect to "/tmp/tmpNpVzUM/tmpxaCA5m/ovnnb_db.ctl"
> (No such file or directory)
>

>        ERROR [neutron.agent.linux.utils] Exit code: 1; Stdin: ; Stdout: ;
> Stderr: 2017-08-19T19:16:26Z|00001|unixctl|WARN|failed to connect to
> /tmp/tmpNpVzUM/tmpxaCA5
>
>     ovs-appctl: cannot connect to "/tmp/tmpNpVzUM/tmpxaCA5m/ovnsb_db.ctl"
> (No such file or directory)
>

> why the test case is searching ovnnb_db.ctl at some other location?

You see these error logs when the test calls the "stop" function here [1].
"stop" is called because of [2] as part of cleanup.

The real issue is "utils.create_process(ovsdb_server_cmd)" called here [3]
is failing and you probably need to debug why.

Did you get the chance to try to the commands which I suggested in my
previous email ?

Thanks

[1] -
https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovn/blob/master/networking_ovn/tests/functional/resources/process.py#L125