[openstack-dev] [nova] Proposing Balazs Gibizer for nova-core

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 01:18:18 UTC 2017

I'm proposing that we add gibi to the nova core team. He's been around
for awhile now and has shown persistence and leadership in the
multi-release versioned notifications effort, which also included
helping new contributors to Nova get involved which helps grow our
contributor base.

Beyond that though, gibi has a good understanding of several areas of
Nova, gives thoughtful reviews and feedback, which includes -1s on
changes to get them in shape before a core reviewer gets to them,
something I really value and look for in people doing reviews who aren't
yet on the core team. He's also really helpful with not only reporting
and triaging bugs, but writing tests to recreate bugs so we know when
they are fixed, and also works on fixing them - something I expect from
a core maintainer of the project.

So to the existing core team members, please respond with a yay/nay and
after about a week or so we should have a decision (knowing a few cores
are on vacation right now).

Matt