[openstack-dev] [release][ptl] tools for creating new releases

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Tue Aug 22 09:34:27 UTC 2017

On 08/21/2017 09:15 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2017-08-21 11:21:59 -0400:
>> Excerpts from Dmitry Tantsur's message of 2017-08-15 14:11:05 +0200:

>>> On systems with Python 3 by default this fails on installing lazr.restfulclient.
>>> I think we should add
>>>
>>>    basepython = python2
>>>
>>> for now.
>
> I wonder if you have an old copy of the releases repo. In master we
> explicitly set basepython to python3 and lazr.restfulclient is no longer
> a dependency.

Updated to latest HEAD, removed *.pyc files and .tox. Still getting:

Obtaining file:///home/dtantsur/Projects/releases
Requirement already up-to-date: pbr>=1.6 in
./.tox/list-changes/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from releases==0.0.1.dev3083)
Collecting lazr.restfulclient==0.13.1 (from releases==0.0.1.dev3083)
   Using cached lazr.restfulclient-0.13.1.tar.gz
     Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
       File "/tmp/pip-build-hhi229rh/lazr.restfulclient/setup.py", line 19, in
<module>
         import ez_setup
       File "/tmp/pip-build-hhi229rh/lazr.restfulclient/ez_setup.py", line 98
         except pkg_resources.VersionConflict, e:
                                             ^
     SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I cannot find where this dependency comes from, still investigating.