[openstack-dev] [Octavia]Questions about octavia flavors spec

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 16:03:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

Flavors are intended to be setup by the operator/admin only.  They
capture details of the load balancer offering and any local specific
configuration.  The intent here is the flavor options and descriptions
will be visible to end users, but creation/modification would require
an admin role.  End users will be able to specify the flavor they
would like to use for the load balancer at load balancer creation time
via the load balancer create API.

We are just now starting to work on providers.  The providers
implementation needs a spec and review process. I hope we can create
this spec and create the providers interface during the Queens series.

Michael