[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Status update, August 18th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 18 09:17:47 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is the weekly update on Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of all open topics at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee

== Recently-approved changes ==

* Resolution to "Describe what upstream support means" [1][2]
* Add stable:follows-policy tag for Kolla and oslo.messaging
* Pike goals updates: zun
* Queens goals updates: murano
* New repositories: monasca-events-api, watcher-tempest-plugin

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/440601/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/486964/

John Garbutt's resolution on clarifying what "upstream support" means
was finally approved this week. You can read it at:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20170620-volunteer-support.html

== PTG prep ==

We'll have a TC / StewardshipWG room on Monday-Tuesday at the PTG. You
can chime in on topics we should cover there on the planning etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/queens-PTG-TC-SWG

== Election results ==

We'll have to update the projects.yaml file to reflect the newly-elected
PTLs, and are expecting a proposed change from the election officials.

For leaderless teams, the TC is proposing to appoint Kota TSUYUZAKI as
Storlets PTL for Queens:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/493846/

Packaging-Deb being in the middle of a transition to Debian project
infrastructure, we won't be appointing a PTL for Queens, where that team
will be retired.

== New project teams ==

As we open Queens cycle development, it's time to reconsider our current
backlog of project additions:

* Stackube: https://review.openstack.org/462460
The project was set up on OpenStack infrastructure, so it's time to
review the proposal again.

* Glare: https://review.openstack.org/479285
* Blazar: https://review.openstack.org/482860
* Gluon: https://review.openstack.org/463069
Also ready for review, those teams will be at the PTG and available to
spend some time in the TC room on Monday-Tuesday

== Open discussions ==

Monty submitted a new proposal to be explicit about supported database
versions. Please review at:

https://review.openstack.org/493932

It looks more and more like John's resolution on how decisions should be
globally inclusive should be morphed into project-team-guide material.
Please review it if you haven't yet, and bring your input before we work
on project team guide editions:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460946/

== Voting in progress ==

Emmet's rewording of the leaderless project resolution reached majority
yesterday and will be approved early next week unless new objections are
brought:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/492578/

Flavio's resolutions on dropping Technical Committee meetings[3] and
allowing teams to use their channel for meetings[4] are both ready for
your voting consideration:

[3] https://review.openstack.org/459848
[4] https://review.openstack.org/485117

== Need for a TC meeting next Tuesday ==

I'll be off next week (therefore skipping this update next Friday). I
don't think we have anything thoroughly blocked at this point requiring
a meeting. However if something comes up and requires a meeting next
week while I'm off, please feel free to self-organize :)

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)